CHENEY LIME & CEMENT COMPANY
ALLGOOD, AL 35013
VIEWING WEB PAGES
The following list of notes about viewing web pages is provided as a guide to those visiting our website. Also, you may find that some of the information in the "Web Pages in General" section may prove useful in your viewing of our web pages as well as those at other websites.
WEB PAGES AT CHENEYLIME.COM:
WEB PAGES IN GENERAL:
- Full View - Menu: The "Full Screen" feature enables you to view a full screen view of any of the web pages. You can navigate the website completely in this mode. Clicking on the "Menu" feature returns you to the view which has the menu buttons on the left side of the screen and the web page in a window on the right.
- Page End: At the cheneylime.com website we use a "Page End" to designate the end of the web page you are currently viewing. Each web page on our site should have this at the bottom and is included to confirm that the web page you are viewing was transferred to you in its entirety. Without it you may not realize that you are missing part of a web page. If you find that the "Page End" is not seen, simply press the "Reload" or "Refresh" button on your browser to download a new copy.
- Contact Us: A simple email form is provided for contacting us directly from the cheneylime.com website. Email can also be sent to us using your own email program by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. This option is also available on the Main Page.
- Top: This is placed at the bottom of each or our web pages to enable you to easily go back to the top of the web page.
- Viewing Web Pages: When you view any web page, a copy of that web page is automatically downloaded to your computer to the Cache folder/subdirectory and given a reference filename. Because this information is transmitted to you over wires/cables, there is a time delay while the page is transferred. When you revisit that web page again you are actually reloading the copy of the web page from your computer's harddisk which greatly increases the speed of navigating websites.
- Updating Web Pages: Since you are quite often viewing previously downloaded web pages on your computer, you may want to periodically press the "Reload" or "Refresh" button on your browser to download a current copy, which will update the web page. Your browser automatically updates web pages, based upon the time period specified in the setup options, however you may need to insure you have the lastest copy.
- Incorrect or Scrambled Web Pages: During the transfer of the web page (file) to your computer, any loss of part of the HTML tags (code) can cause the web page to appear incorrect and/or scrambled. To correct this simply select the "Reload" or "Refresh" option to download another copy of the web page. This will usually correct the problem.
- Visiting a Website: When typing in the name of a website you would like to visit, it's useful to be aware that most Internet browers will add as defaults both the "http://www." and ".com", so you usually only have to type in the first part of the domain name to visit a ".com" website. For example, typing in "cheneylime" should take you to our website.
- Multiple Domain Names (Website Names): There may be more than one Domain Name for each website. One domain name is the primary domain name with the other domain names being forwarded to that primary name. In the case of our website cheneylime.com, there are two additional domain names: limeindustry.com and limeproducts.com. If you type in either of these domain names, you will be automatcially forwarded to cheneylime.com.